[Gambas-user] Close the Application Stream

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 06:43:56 CET 2019

On 12/11/19 10:42 PM, james wrote:
> I'm writing a library to provide GUI spell checking to my programs and a stand alone GUI spell checker using aspell.  To provide some backward compatibility I want to be able to pass words this way:
>
> echo wrld | lixce-aspell -a (the way aspell works on the command line)

I think I'm not quite understanding. Are you saying that you want to use your application on the command line in the same way
that aspell is used (eg. echo wrld | myGambasApp.gambas)?

> Public Sub Application_Read()

I believe that should be: Static Public Sub Application_Read()

> THE PROBLEM IS: I cannot figure out how to close the Application Stream when I start the program WITHOUT pipeing anything to it.

Again, I'm confused. If you are designing a program to read stdIn on launch, then why are you starting it without piping
anything to it? And, if you are done reading stdIn or there's nothing to read, why would you need to close the Watch on stdIn?
Just close the application.

--
Lee