[Gambas-user] Test of mail received

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 18:22:31 CET 2019

On 12/4/19 4:58 AM, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> Am 04.12.19 um 10:31 schrieb Gianluigi:
>> If you have received my email, you can kindly reply.
>
> Please not in the mailinglist.
>
> Everybody receives your mail to the mailinglist except when you add an
> attachment with a gambas project in it and the ending tar.gz.
>
> Then no member with a Gmail account receives it.
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

That cannot be the absolute case, Christof.

It is true that I did not receive Gianluigi's mail with SpinFloat-0.0.1.tar.gz attached. However, I did receive Charlie's Dec 1
mail which contained two tar.gz files: SmoothMarquee.tar.gz and SimpleMarquee.tar.gz.

Google's list of blocked file types [0] is only exemplary. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list.

I see a glaring difference between the files sent by Gianluigi and Charlie. The file sent by Gianluigi contains HTML files.

___
Lee

[0] https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6590?p=BlockedMessage&visit_id=637109081706241547-779792091&rd=1&hl=en