[Gambas-user] Simplest way to open a URL in a browser

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 12:30:59 CEST 2019

(Probably anonther dumb one)

Let's say I have a URL displayed in a URLLabel control. What is the
simplest way to implement open that URL in the user's preferred web
browser? Say with a single click.

Only a few requirements:
* desktop independent (I don't know whether they have a "default
browser" or whatever
* open the browser in a new window (independent of the desktop)
* independent of the GUI involved in the current gambas project (???)
* get a fairly clear indication of anything that (may or does) go wrong.

Not too hard is it? So how come I can't do it? ;-( (Age may be a factor).

tia
bruce