[Gambas-user] DATE function Gambas 3.8.4 (Distro)

David Silverwood the_watchmann at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 15:40:45 CEST 2019

HiI'm new to the forum so please forgive any mistakes in protocol. I am also pretty new to Gambas and have a lot to learn, so please forgive once again any stupid questions or mistakes.Am trying to get Gambas dates to work for me. I have a SQLite3 database and as we know SQLite dates are stored as YYYY-MM-DD. It seems Gambas dates are stored MM-DD-YYYY which in South Africa doesn't work as our local dates are stored dd-mm-yyyy. Now, when I format$ my dateboxes/textboxes to read yyyy-mm-dd, depending on the date, I either get a blank box or the month and day are swopped and therefore also renders the date unusable here. My localisation settings for Linux Mint 18.3 KDE are correct.How can I convince Gambas to use the local date settings or at least format the date to the 'correct' format for our area?
The problem occurs when I load the dates from the database and try and format the dates to 'yyyy-mm-dd' using  If edtDate.Text Then    dDate = Val(edtDate.Text)    edtDate.Text = Format$(dDate, "yyyy-mm-dd")  Endif
Any but any suggestions/directions would be much appreciated.
Thanks
David