[Gambas-user] Debugging Gambas (again)

d4t4full at gmail.com d4t4full at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 16:21:47 CEST 2019

<personalRant>

Personally, I always hated the awkward Microsoftean way to LOCATE things to PRINT. Two statements? Why?

Instead, always loved the british Sinclairean way, which uses:

PRINT AT <line>, <column>

Simple, elegant, shorter, it has it all... and even looks more VT100 oriented, where you put coordinate/color/etc. codes right before the payload. Same way to handle attributes (color, etc):

PRINT AT 3, 10; INK 7; PAPER 0; FLASH 1; INVERSE 0; BRIGHT 1; OVER 0;"Hello world."

Could go on with replacing the also Microsoftean LEFT$, RIGHT$ and MID$ abominations with the simpler and more readable Sinclairean syntax

VAR$(<startIndex> TO <endIndex>)

but enough nostalgia trip...

</personalRant>

ZXMarce.