[Gambas-user] Debugging Gambas (again)

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Sat Apr 27 14:59:46 CEST 2019

Hi K,

I appreciate that.

Had you said:  "Please note I don't think there is a problem with my code, I am looking for guidance on how to go about debugging Gambas."

Instead of:

"Please note I am not looking for anyone to tell me the problem with my code, I am looking for guidance on how to go about debugging a Gambas application."

Then I wouldn't have had to fluster Jussi a little bit.  (BTW, Jussi, I wrote a comprehensive byte-code interpreter in 8086 assembly in Real Mode as a DOS 3.1 TSR that was used in production for several years, circa 1988)

I don't like ncurses, it is a bloated mess, but it's been around a long time, so if that is the locus of the problem, I would suspect gb.ncurses first.

I've attached an incomplete project which you might find useful.  It is part of a path towards a lightweight ncurses "equivalent".  The attached code is essentially the same as early BASICs:  It gives you a Locate statement for printing and provides an Inkey and Line Input for reading terminal input with VT100 escape sequences translated to character codes.

Ced