[Gambas-user] Comment Blocks

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Wed Apr 24 17:58:22 CEST 2019

Hi Fernando,

Block comments are a bit different than block quotes with both intersecting the concept of line continuation characters.

I think the backtick is out as a candidate (see Rolf's comment).  I combined it with a single quote (apostrophe) in order to make intent clear and introduce directionality to the demarcation.  Having just single backticks would be fine with me as well, however, as mentioned, backticks aren't a good candidate.  There aren't any other really good single character candidates except for maybe the tilde.

I wouldn't restrict them to being in column one either.  That seems unnecessary.  Having an open and a close allows for embedded comments within a line as well, though I'm not a big user of embedded comments.

Yes, '`''' Is very cryptic indeed `'.  I was just trying to find the closest fit to the current demarcation which is ''' on every line.

Ced