[Gambas-user] "Additional references" to Gambas projects

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 01:07:53 CEST 2019

On 4/23/19 6:32 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the last commits, you can know define "additional references" to your project, in the "library" tab of the project property
> dialog.
>
> An additional reference is a Gambas executable whose exported classes are available to your project.
>
> Why that?
>
> In some way, it's the contrary of a library. It means that your project will be used as a library by the referenced project, and
> will call the exported classes of this referenced project.
>
> In other words, it means that your project is a plugin of the referenced project (usually loaded dynamically with the
> Component.Load method).
>
> If it's not clear for you, tell me, I will try to explain differently (if I can!)
>
> Regards,

I think I understand it better from the perspective of the referenced project. In very simple and general terms, the referenced
project is an application that is extendable with plugins that can have access to its exposed API. By referencing the extendable
application, the plugin is declaring that it wants access to the API.

If that's close, I hope it helps anyone that might have been having a bit of difficulty grasping the concept on the first read :-)

___
Lee