[Gambas-user] External library location

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 15:53:13 CEST 2018

Il giorno mer 5 set 2018 alle ore 13:38 Hans Lehmann <hans at gambas-buch.de>
ha scritto:

> Am 05.09.2018 um 12:47 schrieb Gianluigi:
>
> the attached code, it works well for me.
>
> Hello Gianluigi,
>
> the code:
>
> Try Copy "./libenoit.so" To "/tmp/libenoit.so"
> Wait
> If Error Then Return
>
> only works once in the IDE.
>
> Better would be:
>
> Public Sub Main()
>
>   Dim s As String
>
>   If Not Exist("/tmp/libenoit.so") Then
>     Try Copy "./libenoit.so" To "/tmp/libenoit.so"
>     Wait
>     If Error Then Return
>   Endif
>
>   s = "\n\e[31mBenoit know well the C language !\e[0m"
>   DecMinisini(s)
>
> End
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> Hans

Hi Hans,
thank you.
I'll tell you why I forgot your red code.
Because when I do the tests with tmp I am used to having the tmp folder
open and delete directly from there.
In any case, one must go in tmp folder to check the operation.
In this case that the output is for the console, the only way to see if the
program also works as executable you get it from the copy of the library
.so and the fact that you do not get error.
Should always be clear that these are just small demonstration examples,
not working programs.

Regards
Gianluigi