[Gambas-user] How to Change Keyboard Layout

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 09:45:37 CEST 2018

>Lee, I subscribed to the list you mentioned but should I repeate the same
thread there or what?

>Charlie, thanks for your answer but it didn't exactly did what I want
>I'm using Ubuntu
>the code you put gave me this result: XKBLAYOUT=us,ara
>what I need to get is the current keyboard layout
>maybe I wasn't clear while putting my problem, so I"ll try to explain more
>I want to check my current keyboard layout so if its Arabic, it would be
changed to English (in >some textboxes) and vices versa.
>i.e I want to use English in some textboxes and Arabic in others, and I
want that to be done >through a code to check Keyboard layout and change it
if needed or keep it if no need to change >it
>thanks in advance to everyone trying to help

This code that need to do something else, maybe you can direct it to a key
that makes you understand if the keyboard is 'ara' or 'us'.

Regards
Gianluigi