[Gambas-user] ScrollView problems since it was rewritten in Gambas

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 22:09:12 CET 2018

Le 19/11/2018 à 12:56, Fabien Bodard a écrit :
> The both are logical... In the real life a qt component don't show it's
> internal... In Gambas yes ... but how to get the widget root ?
>
> In my mind if I put something in a container .parent must return the
> global container ... not it's structure.
> If I put myObject in a MyContainer ... MyObject.Parent is a MyContainer
> ... no ?
>
> Maybe it need two property to manage this case ... A way to get the
> class container (MyContainer) and a way to get the true container (panel)

I know that a container is used as the official container of a control
made in Gambas.

So I can make the Parent property returns the expected container (the
control made in Gambas) and not the real one.

I will try it, but it may break things : everything that browse the
control hierarchy from bottom to top.

Or I can make an option in the UserContainer class that makes the Parent
property return the UserContainer control instead of the inner container
used by the implementation.

I will try it too.

--
Benoît Minisini