[Gambas-user] ScrollView problems since it was rewritten in Gambas

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 12:56:34 CET 2018

The both are logical... In the real life a qt component don't show it's
internal... In Gambas yes ... but how to get the widget root ?

In my mind if I put something in a container .parent must return the global
container ... not it's structure.
If I put myObject in a MyContainer ... MyObject.Parent is a MyContainer ...
no ?

Maybe it need two property to manage this case ... A way to get the class
container (MyContainer) and a way to get the true container (panel)

Le sam. 17 nov. 2018 à 18:30, Karl Reinl <karl.reinl at fen-net.de> a écrit :

> Am Samstag, den 17.11.2018, 17:53 +0100 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> > Le 17/11/2018 à 17:36, Charlie Reinl a écrit :
> > > Salut Benoît,
> > >
> > > when I designed on a ScrollView before ( Gambas <= 3.11.90 12c0ebda4
> (master))
> > > and asked Object.Type(item.Parent)  I got "ScrollView".
> > >
> > > Now the same with : Gambas > 3.11.90 12c0ebda4 (master)
> > > Object.Type(item.Parent)            I get "Panel",
> > > Object.Type(item.Parent.Parent)     I get "DrawingArea",
> > > Object.Type(item.Parent.Parent.Parent)      finally gives "ScrollView"
> > >
> > > But my Parent has to be  found with Object.Type(item.Parent) like
> > > before, no?
> > >

> > It's normal, as soon as a container is rewritten in Gambas. You see the
> > internal structure.
> >
> > Why is it a problem for you?
> >

> yes, my project loops through my forms elements and queries theirs
> properties, here a locked state, but  Panel and DrawingArea don't have
> my locked property, nor my GET method.
>
> And for me Parent means Parent and not their home where they life, and
> looking  in the rooms to find them.
>
> --
> Amicalement
> Charlie