[Gambas-user] pigpio c library callback gives segmentation fault (11)

Steve stevjensen at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 21:31:21 CET 2018

I was trying something like this.  The rest of what you said was what
had I surmised was going on.

I used 'open pipe "name" for watch'  this blocks and nothing else in
gambas code happens  until a msg is received.

Looking at this I see 'thePipeFileDescriptor' as being the pipe name.
Does the '.' imply anything other than it being in the current
directory? You don't seem to be referring to something like 'FILE'. I'll
give it a try.

The c code in question is Pigpio (a gpio handler something like
wiringpi). The 'signal" in question comes from a daemon that this code
communicates with. Unlike wiringpi, Pigipo has a pin level shift
actuated interupt and does not use poling.
In this case the pulse is very short compared to the repetition rate and
capturing it via polling is not doable.

I've done X11 years ago on Unix systems. Not a fun process.