[Gambas-user] Integrate unittest component to Gambas

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Fri May 18 18:03:57 CEST 2018

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

:

> Oh you're right, my bad I missed those. To be honest I just copy-pasted
> the package list from the wiki, threw those in Docker and tweaked it until
> ./configure was happy. I guess I'll have a lot of wiki editing to do then!

i never use that list! for true!

maybe all must look for my list in the debian package made by me! i must
correct amny misctake due that problem

>> My God... Do you mean it will build Gambas on all these distributions at
>> each commit?
>>

> Yup. And also for every branch, and on any incoming Merge Request.
> Welcome to the wonderful world of Continuous Integration. :-)

yeah, also a pain in some specific cases,
... but well instant builds on each commit!

i must point that GITLAB its the one that have build-in CI in their suite,
for the rest are all separate platforms..

> And as I said previously, it is still quite simplistic for now: I want to
> support pretty much every distribution that's claimed to be supported by
> the wiki, both latest version and LTS.
> We could also try to add some older distributions if we want to extend the
> "official" support for Gambas.
>
> (To Picorro: What distributions/versions is your old hardware running on ?
> I see you talking about it quite a lot but can't find the actual
> distribution specs)

 i'll try but its impossible i use :
1. Debian etch (with gambas 2), this its the prefered for Asus EeePC 2G and
4G  models 700
2. Debian lenny in arm, and x86 , Asus EEEPC 2G and 4G, also Toshiba
satellite PIII 900MHz working great!
3. Debian squeeze in AMD Geode! (daruma brasilian hardware) and all SIS/VIA
motherboards
4. Devuan/Debian jessie in most modern

i run gambas in any "cheap" hardware.. if not, why using linux!? take and
think! if i have enought cores and enought ram, pufff just only buy the
most expensive hard/soft and forgett about problems.. click click ?

in conclusion: i need that any build runs in GTK 2.18 and ULibC/glibc
<https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/glibc> 2.3.2 (today 2.18 to 2.24),
QT 4.6/4.7 and kernel linux 2.6 not 4 or 3 due cut down support for many
many excelent running hardware very usefully

> The only downside of GitLab CI is that it only supports x86_64-based Linux
> builds, but there are other CI providers out there that support other
> systems (I'm thinking about Appveyor for Windows/Cygwin, and Travis for
> macOSX, BSD, 32-bit Linux and maybe ARM).
>
> Also, if somebody whishes to "donate" (or rather "dedicate") some hardware
> to test Gambas, they can install the GitLab Runner on it and we can connect
> it to our repository, then GitLab will be able to schedule builds on it.

umm well opensuse build can fit that? how do that?