[Gambas-user] Integrate unittest component to Gambas

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:55:49 CEST 2018

Le 18/05/2018 à 09:25, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Le 18/05/2018 à 09:22, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

>>> OK, I saw the merge request.
>>>

>> Apparently there is one more poppler package in ubuntu configuration
>> than in debian configuration. Isn't it the reason why it fails?

Oh you're right, my bad I missed those. To be honest I just copy-pasted
the package list from the wiki, threw those in Docker and tweaked it
until ./configure was happy. I guess I'll have a lot of wiki editing to
do then!

> My God... Do you mean it will build Gambas on all these distributions at
> each commit?

Yup. And also for every branch, and on any incoming Merge Request.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Continuous Integration. :-)

And as I said previously, it is still quite simplistic for now: I want
to support pretty much every distribution that's claimed to be supported
by the wiki, both latest version and LTS.
We could also try to add some older distributions if we want to extend
the "official" support for Gambas.

(To Picorro: What distributions/versions is your old hardware running on
? I see you talking about it quite a lot but can't find the actual
distribution specs)

The only downside of GitLab CI is that it only supports x86_64-based
Linux builds, but there are other CI providers out there that support
other systems (I'm thinking about Appveyor for Windows/Cygwin, and
Travis for macOSX, BSD, 32-bit Linux and maybe ARM).

Also, if somebody whishes to "donate" (or rather "dedicate") some
hardware to test Gambas, they can install the GitLab Runner on it and we
can connect it to our repository, then GitLab will be able to schedule
builds on it.

Then, when Gambas is automatically built on the platforms we want, I
will throw in the automated test suites (when the gb.test component is
ready), so they are automatically run on every commit as well.

--
Adrien Prokopowicz