[Gambas-user] Compilation AND Installation

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:33:35 CEST 2018

The instructions for compiling Fedora [0] are obsolete.
Gambas is no longer with SVN is now with Git should read here [1]
Before installing you should give these commands to clean, suggested by
Jussi Lahtinen:
sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/gbx3 /usr/local/bin/gbc3 /usr/local/bin/gba3
/usr/local/bin/gbi3 /usr/local/bin/gbs3
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/gambas3
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/share/gambas3
sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/gambas3
sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/gambas3.gambas

sudo rm -f /usr/bin/gbx3 /usr/bin/gbc3 /usr/bin/gba3 /usr/bin/gbi3
/usr/local/bin/gbs3
sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/gambas3
sudo rm -rf /usr/share/gambas3
sudo rm -f /usr/bin/gambas3
sudo rm -f /usr/bin/gambas3.gambas

These are the steps for a first installation (note I do not know Fedora :-)
it's all at your risk):
1 - Open terminal.
2 - Download with  #yum comand the libraries as suggested to SVN ( look
here [0], I think they will not be enough)

3 - If you want the Master version you have to download Git:
3.1 - yum install git
3.2 - git clone --depth=1 https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git gambasdevel
3.3 - cd gambasdevel

4 - If you want the stable from tar dawnload here [2]

4.1 - tar -zxvf gambas-3.11.3.tar.gz
4.2 - cd gambas-3.11.3

5 - ( ./reconf-all && ./configure -C ) > ~/Desktop/R_conf-Gambsdevel.log
2>&1

Check the log file R_conf-Gambsdevel.log on the desktop, scroll to the
bottom and see if you lack libraries, if you need to inform yourself in
Fedora how to install them.
Then completed the installation with:
6 - ( make && sudo make install ) > ~/Desktop/Make_Inst-Gambasdevel.log 2>&1

And check if everything went well otherwise write to attach the log files

Regards
Gianluigi

[0] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/fedora#t11
NOTE: Plus retrieving for fedora 17