[Gambas-user] Strange behavior in project-properties

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 15:13:20 CEST 2018

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> the qt4 theme must be defined, a gtk component qt integration must be
> installed, cairo, bonobo, pango and gtk packages must be present and
> installed not only qt4, also the qt4 theme must be defined
>
> seems this only happened if you are under a gtk2 desktop with qt4
> installed in used by the IDE
>
> if the ide uses qt5 seems does not happened

I can confirm this, at least the last sentence. My desktop is not based
on GTK2 and I'm willing to bet that it's very different from Ingo's,
but I have GTK{2,3} and QT{3,4,5} installed.

Anyway, indeed I remember the IDE started in QT5 by default for some time.
Maybe that was when I registered the issue as fixed, and later it switched
back to default to QT4 on my system for some reason.

If the cure would be to meddle with themes and the fragile GTK integration
on my desktop, I'd rather it stays only mildly inconvenient as it is :-)

Thanks for the hint!

Regards,
Tobi