[Gambas-user] gambas qt4 depends was changes or still can compile in low depends

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 00:38:16 CET 2018

> I don't understand the issue, both 4.6 and 4.8 satisfies the requirement
>> (>= 4.5).
>>
> errr yes and not! webkit was split from 4.7 so if some calls are fro
> recent webkit this will raise that!

I don't know about webkit that much... are you saying 4.7 and above / the
splits are not *backward* compatible with 4.5?

> Well I guess it depends on how you define modern and old, but I'm quite
>> sure the decision was based on average user.
>>
> that not democracy.. that's only "mayority", i remenber that mayority
> something in the past said "the sun its the center of the universe"...

I don't think this is question of right and wrong, like in case of
heliocentricity. It's just logical to serve the majority (= more customers).
Moreover if you have CPU without SSE2, I don't think you can even use any
modern web browsers, etc software. So, not much need for the kernel either.

Jussi