[Gambas-user] gambas qt4 depends was changes or still can compile in low depends

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 23:35:03 CET 2018

> Gambas wiki says gb.qt4 and the sub components needs all Qt4 libraries >=
>>> Qt 4.5. So, 4.6 should be fine.
>>>
>> well remenber that webkit between 4.6 and 4.8 are separated!!!! its not
>> so easy i ask again! should be fine!?
>>

> I don't understand the issue, both 4.6 and 4.8 satisfies the requirement
> (>= 4.5).

errr yes and not! webkit was split from 4.7 so if some calls are fro recent
webkit this will raise that!

Also you can custom build Linux kernel for older hardware.

>> recent kernels removed code for older hardware, the only way its use
>> older kernels
>>

> Hence "custom build". Recent kernels do not compile the old code, but the
> code still exist.

code for older hardware was removed in many componets since 3.4, and since
2.6.18 was the first try, by removin a tvcard ramegrabber support (since
that i cannot upgrade now)

  because they are very rarely used anymore.

>> talk by yourself! only the people that pay intenet made a amount of
>> statics in the internet as "modern hardware", but mayority of them dont use
>> linux, and gambas only runs in linux so ...
>>

> Well I guess it depends on how you define modern and old, but I'm quite
> sure the decision was based on average user.

that not democracy.. that's only "mayority", i remenber that mayority
something in the past said "the sun its the center of the universe"...