[Gambas-user] Extracting fields from a Result

Doug Hutcheson owlbrudder at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 01:25:43 CET 2018

> > As I reported earlier, when Saving the connection properties, I got
> > an error, "Cannot store passwords on desktop KDE5: No wallet
> > found" even though "Remember password" was not enabled. That option
> > seems to have no effect.
>
> Just to add some information to that, I use the Gnome desktop, not
> KDE. Gnome uses GnomeKeyring and, prompted by this discussion, I have
> just browsed the keyring. It does have the correct password set for
> my application PostgreSQL_test, using path
> PostgreSQL_test/Connection/Connection1 - Connection1 being the
> connection I have established for my test harness.

Starting Gambas from the command line and trying to assess some data
resulted in this output on the terminal:
[doug at womble ~]$ gambas3
loaded the Generic plugin
** Message: Remote error from secret service:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Couldn't create item: The secret was
transferred or encrypted in an invalid way.

So the spotlight is focusing on the way Gambas accesses the keyring.
That gives me something to go on. I will let you know if I find
anything.

> > It is not an error that there was no wallet found. I don't use one.
> > So, there should be a fall-back for that, IMO.
> >
> > But even then, after I have entered the password and it is set in
> > the editor's password field, the application is still unable
> > to connect.
> >
> I agree. When I use the Connection editor, I can go back to it at any
> time and find the password still correctly shown. Interesting.

I used Seahorse to browse my keyring. The second time I opened it, my
keys were gone. Backups are my friend, but I wonder what Seahorse did
to the keyring? Seahorse no longer has space on my system. Sigh.
Cheers, Doug