[Gambas-user] Extracting fields from a Result

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 22:18:22 CET 2018

On 01/03/2018 02:13 PM, Tobias Boege wrote:

> Also, I kind of lost the thread. We have two issues here, right?
>
>   1. The pg driver might not handle the case-insensitive column names
>      correctly in all places.
>   2. Opening IDE-defined connections with passwords fails.

AFAIK, that is correct, Tobi.

> I have never used the Connection editor, but from reading the code,
> it doesn't save the password directly somewhere but uses Desktop.Passwords
> to store and retrieve it, leaving the details to the current desktop's
> tools. (I've never had much luck with gb.desktop as a whole, I must say,
> and I don't know how it works.)

I would have to agree that the problem is in the Connection editor, and more specifically, the manner in which it handles passwords.

As I reported earlier, when Saving the connection properties, I got an error, "Cannot store passwords on desktop KDE5: No wallet
found" even though "Remember password" was not enabled. That option seems to have no effect.

It is not an error that there was no wallet found. I don't use one. So, there should be a fall-back for that, IMO.

But even then, after I have entered the password and it is set in the editor's password field, the application is still unable
to connect.

--
Lee