[Gambas-user] Extracting fields from a Result

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 18:14:39 CET 2018

On 01/02/2018 06:42 PM, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
> I can't imagine a case where one would #define 0, but I am willing to be proved wrong "8-)

For block commenting, with benefits?

> Is there a better way to collaborate than sending emails to the list? I'm sure other users must be getting sick of the constant
> flow of messages.

Messages can be kept off the list simply by replying to the sender instead of to the list. However, I was hoping someone else
(like Benoît) would join in here, because you'd be further ahead collaborating with a fish than with me.

I was trying to help out and see if I could determine why the password property was not getting set in the connection object and
just happened to stumble across that one line that contained the error text I was getting. At one point when, in the signature
of DB_Open in gambas/main/lib/db/main.c, I saw "DB_DRIVER **driver" (which is, what, a pointer to a pointer?), I had gone as far
as my knowledge would take me.

If the database connection is defined programmatically, ie. not using a IDE-defined Connection, there is no problem connecting.
So, I think a password would indeed get sent if it was set, and the issue is, why is the connection object not being properly
populated from the IDE-defined Connection properties? Perhaps it is as you stated, "a pointer dereferencing issue with the
DB_DESC structure".

--
Lee