[Gambas-user] In general, reason for using gb.qt5

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Wed Feb 21 09:00:12 CET 2018

Hi folks,

Maybe a stupid question? My programs still have gb.qt4 and gb.qt4.ext as
components as up to now they have partly run on older systems.

On a newer system based on qt5, what would be the advantage to use
gb.qt5 and gb.qt5.ext instead? And are there drawbacks?

A quick look showed that some of the elements scale there letters
somewhat wider, i. e. lists for instance become a bit longer, and the
overall look-and-feel adapts somewhat better to the theme on my KDE
desktop. Have you found any glitches?

Thanks for your insight!

Rolf