[Gambas-user] Looking up data from a second table

bkv at mailbox.org bkv at mailbox.org
Mon Feb 19 21:17:50 CET 2018

Hi

I have a form with a Datasource and the datasource's Table property is set to a table called patron. I have some fields from patron in my form and I view and update them.

Now, patron also has a foreign key to a table called krutt, named krutt_id. I need to get one field out of krutt and display it on my form (read only).

I can do this with a db.select using the krutt_id from patron as key to table krutt when I put the field krutt_id from patron on my form and make it visible. But I don't want to display the field krutt_id on my form.

Is there any way I can get the value of krutt_id without putting it on the form? I have looked at the Datasource object with no result.

Or is there a complete different solution?

-Bjørn