[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1248: Option to enclose selection when auto-closing quotes/brackets

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Sun Feb 18 23:18:45 CET 2018

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1248&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by T. Lee DAVIDSON:

If I have, for example, a string definition that I would like to convert to a string array definition:

Dim sMyString as String = "helloworld"

In Kate or Geany, I could select "helloworld" (including the quotes) and then type a left bracket, "[". With only one keystroke, I would end up with:

Dim sMyString as String = ["helloworld"]

I would of course have to update String to String[], but that's easy enough because auto-close is already implemented.

Does that explain it better?