[Gambas-user] "New" gambas-basic.org website

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 05:46:05 CET 2018

Le 12/02/2018 à 08:40, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :
> Am 12.02.2018 um 01:47 schrieb Adrien Prokopowicz:
>
>>> If we generate real load, I think we could pay it then. The only thing
>>> that creates much traffic IMO are the downloads and they are on Gitlab.
>>
>> Would there be any limit on the bandwidth for these servers ?
>
> Yes, sure. There is alway "any limit" and if it is the limit of the
> cable. HS donates the Space used and the bandwidth to the Gambas
> community. So there is nothing to worry about. They would tell us, if
> they would not be able to donate it any more.
>
> Are you able to tell the traffic of gambaswiki.org?

I do not have this data (I don't have access to the machine behind
gambaswiki.org), but maybe Benoît has it ?

>> I'm not concerned at all about CPU or disk load. If your servers have
>> more than 500KiB of RAM, then all of it would be in filesystem cache, so
>> it should be loaded and sent over preeeeetty fast. ;-)
>
> The server has 4 CPU and 10 GB Ram:
>
> top - 08:12:35 up 36 days, 10:12,  4 users,  load average: 0,18, 0,10, 0,07
> Tasks: 332 total,   1 running, 284 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie
> %Cpu(s):  0,7 us,  0,2 sy,  0,0 ni, 97,2 id,  1,5 wa,  0,0 hi,  0,1 si,
> 0,2 st
> KiB Mem:  10236388 total,  9498088 used,   738300 free,      216 buffers
> KiB Swap:  4190204 total,      768 used,  4189436 free.  6246236 cached Mem

That should be plenty enough. ;-)

As a point of reference, the server I'm hosting the playground on has 2
vCPU (from an Intel Atom C2750 @ 2.40GHz) and 2GB of ram, and it takes
around 150 requests per second to max both CPU cores (and the NGINX
config is definitely not optimized), with the RAM usage staying at
around 250MB.

So yeah, it should be more than enough. :-)

>>> At HS we install free https certificates automatically from
>>> https://letsencrypt.org/.
>>
>> Let's encrypt is the best. I set it up on pretty much every single
>> project of mine (including the Gambas Playground), and it's quite
>> awesome! :-)
>
> It becomes ultra mightiy then ... I am not really sure if I like that at
> all ...

I'm not sure what you're talking about here ?

--

As a side note : I thought the website's hosting was the only
SourceForge service which we didn't have trouble with.

I can't wait until we're out of SourceForge …

--
Adrien Prokopowicz