[Gambas-user] Landscape printing in PDF goes wrong

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Wed Dec 19 11:42:10 CET 2018

Am 18.12.18 um 16:56 schrieb Rolf-Werner Eilert:
> In one of my programs which ran flawlessly under Suse Leap (KDE and Qt),
> I have a serious fault of printing functionality under my new Ubuntu Mate.
>
> Instead of printing Landscape, it prints Portrait, but landscape-wise on
> the paper, i. e. upright. If I would print it, it would be ok, but the
> positions on the sheet are wrong. It looks like being measured for A5
> instead of A4.
>
> This is Gambas 3.11.4. Have you changed anything in the printing part
> which would influence measuring positions etc.? Something during the few
> last versions; on the Suse system I had a bit older version.
>
> Or is there something wrong here?
>
>    drucker = New Printer As "drucker"
>
>    drucker.Orientation = Printer.Landscape
>    drucker.Paper = Printer.A4
>
>    drucker.OutputFile = druckPlanDatei
>
>    drucker.FullPage = True
>
>    drucker.Print() ' -> drucker_Begin()
>
> Thank you for any input!
>
> Regards
> Rolf

I have to answer myself as I have found a way to work around the wrong
measurement. Sizes are ok now, but the print is still not turned by 90°
for Landscape.

The whole thing is somewhat strange as I use the same code in another
program to compute the positions for printing.

How do you calculate mm to printing pixels?

Regards
Rolf