[Gambas-user] using events of serial ports for reading how_?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 18:52:18 CEST 2018

El mar., 7 de ago. de 2018 a la(s) 09:42, Tony Morehen

> ...user space programs no longer need to deal with the low level details
> of handshaking and flow control..... and just read and write to the serial
> port as a stream.

ok as i write, so gambas handle all the manage of the information
to read and write using stream and Eof, (wow so great! right? )
in any case was a great information about the data workflow,, thanks anyway
tony

> One issue that may arise, the linux kernel only uses CTS/RTS for flow
> control; it ignores DSR/DTS.

important information many thanks for that, This must be in the gambas wiki
page of the seria port too
i'll mark this mail and make a tutorial with better information

El mar., 7 de ago. de 2018 a la(s) 12:06, T Lee Davidson
> Even if any of them signal that data is available, the _Read event
already does that for you.
yeah i already know, it's hard to explain for me ...

> Perhaps your goal could be accomplished by implementing a SerialPort.Read
event handler
NO, no more handlers or events, a normal procedimental methond

> that adds the incoming data to a global accumulator,
> and then manually reading the accumulator and clearing it once it's read.
i want that in any moment can read the acumulator, and pas a command to
modifi taht data
again hard to explain and there's too much information to hide by the
company

> However, that may run into collisions and data integrity issues
> if you try to manually read from, or clear, the accumulator
> while the event handler is writing to it.
yeah only if the data are not knowed but i really know parto of them
of course we need implement a semaphore

http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.data/queue .
> (It's unfortunate that there's not much documentation on that.)
a concurrent problem on the wiki, it's suppost to be first source of
information and seems it's maillist
i disagree that mailist be a source of information, a documentaiton it's
the main tower of any project!