[Gambas-user] Drag and Drop - howto

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Wed Apr 18 11:51:08 CEST 2018

Last year I started a project which could benefit from dragging elements
from one GridView to another with the mouse.

As I was still developing the deeper code, I didn't take the time to
dive in this, and this year I would like to complete it. Just had a look
at the old code parts, and still do not grasp how these Drag, MouseDrag
etc. are meant to work together.

Public Sub GridView1_MouseDrag()

    TextBox1.Text = GridView1.Row & "::" & GridView1.Column

End

This starts as expected, but then keeps going - even beyond the borders
of GridView1. This makes it somewhat combersome if you need a start
value to be handed over to the drop point. I only see a chance when
setting a flag at its first call and saving the value(s) only once.

Public Sub GridView1_Drop()

   TextBox1.Text = "Stop"

End

This one is never raised, neither when the mouse button is depressed
whithin nor when without GridView1.

Why are there events called Mouse-something and NOT Mouse-something?

Maybe someone here can shed a light on this for me.

Regards
Rolf