[Gambas-user] can i specify a path to my modules or libs please how?

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Tue Apr 17 22:20:02 CEST 2018

Am 17.04.2018 um 18:24 schrieb Tobias Boege:

> First you need to enable loading of components by absolute paths.
> I attach a patch which should apply to git master, then you have to
> recompile Gambas. IIRC Benoit considers this a security risk, so
> it's not in the official Gambas source tree.

Urgs, that's ugly. Why not recommend the standard way of using libraries
as it is common now for Gambas since 3.7 and/or 3.8 (I guess)?

A project, flagged as library, compiled by the IDE, will be created
automatically in

~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/$vendorname

If installed as a package for a linux distro a project will always be
installed in

/usr/lib/gambas3/$vendorname

The interpreter searches libraries here:

1) The same directory the executable resides
2) ~/.local/share/gambas3/lib
3) /usr/lib/gambas3

I use a lot of my own Gambas3 libraries exact in this way.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur