[Gambas-user] contribute user accoount does not meet with collaborators

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Sun Sep 24 11:01:37 CEST 2017

Le Sun, 24 Sep 2017 07:15:09 +0200, PICCORO McKAY Lenz
<mckaygerhard at ...626...> a écrit:

> it-s suppose that the COLABORATION wiki and file in gambas its for those
> that are not part of the team and commonlly are external and ocasionally,
> must explain gambas code where and how, the wiki page only have too many
> references event more explain what to do..
>
> *the only part good explained it's the log format... and for rest said
> @ask
> to mail list@*
>
> by example, about project forking workflow make reference to the GENERAL
> how to and not a specific how to made in gambas rules context

I'm really having a hard time understanding you here. Are you saying there
are
too many links on the page ?

First, what is the problem with having links ? Is it less accessible to
have
content behind a link rather than in the page ?

You cant explain literally everything, mainly because the contributing
guide
would be way too long and would become cluttered, but also because this is
not
the place to make a complete tutorial on SSH or Git.

The log format is the only thing explained in detail in the wiki, because
it's
the only thing that is really specific to Gambas. Everything else (Project
forking
workflow, SSH, GPG, Git, and so on...) is standard and there is nothing
specific
to Gambas.

Of course, because it is standard doesn't mean everyone knows it, but it
means
that it has good documentation already. And since GitLab already has all
this
documentation, why should we spend precious time and resources reinventing
the
wheel ?

> about the account the wiki and file said>
>
> We also recommend you use SSH to work with Git repositories
> <https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/ssh/README.html>, instead of HTTPS. Not only
> you won't have to enter your GitLab username and password every time you
> want to interact with the repository, but it is also more secure as your
> password is never sent through the network.
>
> This are only usefully for those that have a computer fixed, and not
> change
> it! due implices not common steps  to certified the ssh keys in gitlab
> and
> the computer..
>
> i not have computer, always use the machines of others or from job..
>
> all the not common cases are not explained.

And they should not be. These kinds of guides are meant to give directions
people who are lost (like many were when we switched to Git), we can't make
a super extensive guide covering every single case for every single person.

--
Adrien Prokopowicz