[Gambas-user] config -C is not finding some files installed on my system

Doug Hutcheson owlbrudder at ...626...
Tue Sep 19 08:02:51 CEST 2017

On Tue, 2017-09-19 at 15:00 +1000, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-09-18 at 16:06 +0200, Karl Reinl wrote:
> > Am Montag, den 18.09.2017, 11:07 +1000 schrieb Doug Hutcheson:
> > > I am trying to compile Gambas downloaded from Git the other day
> > > and
> > > config is failing to find files that exist on my system, causing
> > > number of modules to be disabled.
> > > For example, the output of config includes these lines:--------
> > > ------
> > > ------
> > > -------checking for gb.gsl component with pkg-config...
> > > noconfigure:
> > > WARNING: Unable to met pkg-config requirement: gslchecking for
> > > gb.gsl
> > > headers... ./configure: line 18086: gsl-config: command not
> > > foundnoconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find file:
> > > gsl/gsl_cblas.hconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find file:
> > > gsl/gsl_math.hchecking for gb.gsl libraries... ./configure: line
> > > 18234:
> > > gsl-config: command not foundnoconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find
> > > file:
> > > libgslcblas.soconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find file:
> > > libgsl.soconfigure: WARNING: gb.gsl is disabled----------------
> > > ------
> > > -----
> > >
> > > Yet all the files mentioned do exist;
> > > ------
> > > ---------------------
> > > $ locate gb.gsl
> > > /usr/lib64/gambas3/gb.gsl.component
> > > /usr/lib64/gambas3/gb.gsl.la
> > > /usr/lib64/gambas3/gb.gsl.so
> > > /usr/lib64/gambas3/gb.gsl.so.0
> > > /usr/lib64/gambas3/gb.gsl.so.0.0.0
> > > /usr/share/gambas3/info/gb.gsl.info
> > > /usr/share/gambas3/info/gb.gsl.list
> > >
> > > $ locate gsl-config
> > > /usr/bin/gsl-config
> > > ------
> > > ---------------------
> > > And so on.
> > >
> > > What have I done wrong?   "8-(
> > >
> > > Kind regards,
> > > Doug
> >
> > Salut Doug,
> >
> > did you have a distro-gambas3 installed before?
> > If yes, you have to uninstall that first.
>
> Thanks Charlie. I did have Gambas3 installed, so I have removed it.
>
> I am still getting puzzling results. For example:
> checking for gb.image.imlib component with pkg-config... no
> configure: WARNING: Unable to met pkg-config requirement: imlib2 >=
> 1.4.0
> configure: WARNING: gb.image.imlib is disabled
>
> I had already installed 1.4.9-2 using dnf (I'm on Fedora 26):
> Installed:
>   imlib2.x86_64 1.4.9-
> 2.fc26
>
> Complete!
> [root at ...3690... ~]# locate imlib2
> /usr/lib64/imlib2
> /usr/lib64/imlib2/filters
> /usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders
> /usr/lib64/imlib2/filters/bumpmap.so
> /usr/lib64/imlib2/filters/colormod.so
> /usr/lib64/imlib2/filters/testfilter.so
> /usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/argb.so
> /usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/bmp.so
> [...]

Forget that - it was my fault as I had not installed the 'devel'
component of imlib2. Doh!

I will keep working through the disabled components and try to solve
the problems myself.

Kind regards,
Doug