[Gambas-user] config -C is not finding some files installed on my system

Doug Hutcheson owlbrudder at ...626...
Tue Sep 19 07:00:30 CEST 2017

On Mon, 2017-09-18 at 16:06 +0200, Karl Reinl wrote:
> Am Montag, den 18.09.2017, 11:07 +1000 schrieb Doug Hutcheson:
> > I am trying to compile Gambas downloaded from Git the other day and
> > config is failing to find files that exist on my system, causing a
> > number of modules to be disabled.
> > For example, the output of config includes these lines:----------
> > ----
> > ----
> > -------checking for gb.gsl component with pkg-config...
> > noconfigure:
> > WARNING: Unable to met pkg-config requirement: gslchecking for
> > gb.gsl
> > headers... ./configure: line 18086: gsl-config: command not
> > foundnoconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find file:
> > gsl/gsl_cblas.hconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find file:
> > gsl/gsl_math.hchecking for gb.gsl libraries... ./configure: line
> > 18234:
> > gsl-config: command not foundnoconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find
> > file:
> > libgslcblas.soconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find file:
> > libgsl.soconfigure: WARNING: gb.gsl is disabled------------------
> > ----
> > ---
> >
> > Yet all the files mentioned do exist;
> > ----
> > ---------------------
> > $ locate gb.gsl
> > /usr/lib64/gambas3/gb.gsl.component
> > /usr/lib64/gambas3/gb.gsl.la
> > /usr/lib64/gambas3/gb.gsl.so
> > /usr/lib64/gambas3/gb.gsl.so.0
> > /usr/lib64/gambas3/gb.gsl.so.0.0.0
> > /usr/share/gambas3/info/gb.gsl.info
> > /usr/share/gambas3/info/gb.gsl.list
> >
> > $ locate gsl-config
> > /usr/bin/gsl-config
> > ----
> > ---------------------
> > And so on.
> >
> > What have I done wrong?   "8-(
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Doug
>
> Salut Doug,
>
> did you have a distro-gambas3 installed before?
> If yes, you have to uninstall that first.

Thanks Charlie. I did have Gambas3 installed, so I have removed it.

I am still getting puzzling results. For example:
checking for gb.image.imlib component with pkg-config... no
configure: WARNING: Unable to met pkg-config requirement: imlib2 >=
1.4.0
configure: WARNING: gb.image.imlib is disabled

I had already installed 1.4.9-2 using dnf (I'm on Fedora 26):
Installed:
  imlib2.x86_64 1.4.9-
2.fc26

Complete!
[root at ...3690... ~]# locate imlib2
/usr/lib64/imlib2
/usr/lib64/imlib2/filters
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders
/usr/lib64/imlib2/filters/bumpmap.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/filters/colormod.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/filters/testfilter.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/argb.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/bmp.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/bz2.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/ff.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/gif.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/jpeg.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/lbm.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/png.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/pnm.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/tga.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/tiff.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/xpm.so
/usr/lib64/imlib2/loaders/zlib.so
/usr/share/doc/imlib2
/usr/share/doc/imlib2/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/imlib2/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/imlib2/README
/usr/share/doc/imlib2/TODO

So I am still puzzled by the config being unable to find the files I
have installed - in this case imlib2. Is it something I have failed to
do?   "8-/

Kind regards,
Doug