[Gambas-user] New git support in the IDE

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Thu Oct 12 13:42:38 CEST 2017

Am 12.10.2017 um 12:45 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> I will see...

Just as an annotation. I myself prefer using Git via commandline.

Because since I started using Git for some source code and then became
familiar with it I found a lot of other possibilities to work with Git:

My personal dotfiles on my computers, a bunch of script files on
servers, the /etc directory on different servers, a couple of languages
I use to program and so on ...

For that I use Guake dropdown terminal, Tig and some shortcuts to the
different directories I am working in, so that on each computer and each
program I work with (different Editors, different IDEs) I have the same
interface and the same couple of keystrokes to do versioning in Git,
what I do all the time the whole day long.

For me a special interface for Git in any IDE/Editor is wasted energy as
I never will use it as long as it is not faster and more convenient than
that I am using on all programs. And I doubt there ever will be one as GUI.

A common criticism to Git is, that there is no real sufficient GUI for
it, but I think the real reason for that is, that if one works with Git
in different circumstances, commandline will always be the fastest and
most flexible option.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

P.S.: Sorry I sent this first to your address, Thunderbird !"§$R%#

--
Dies ist keine Signatur