[Gambas-user] What is the maximum text we can put on a TextArea?

Fernando Cabral fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Tue May 23 20:18:00 CEST 2017

Tobi wrote:
>I don't know where your problems with text input controls come from but I
>just generated a 10^6 characters long string and inserted it into a
TextArea
>without any problems.

That's impressive. And much longer than I need.
Perhaps I should try a different explanation for the failure. Which makes
sense, since
different strings have given different limits on the test I've performed.

Thank you.

- fernando

> On Tue, 23 May 2017, Fernando Cabral wrote:
> > How much text can we display on TextArea?
> > Even after performing serval tests I couldn' t find out.
> > It seems sometimes I can display 7000 characters,
> > sometimes  twice as much.
> >
> > Perhaps someone can point me the proper documentation.
> >

> Whatever the answer is, it is not to be found in the Gambas documentation.
> Gambas borrows its primitive graphical controls from toolkits, Gtk and QT,
> in (meanwhile) multiple versions. Their documentation is where you should
> start looking. (I would *assume* that the answer is: as much as memory
> permits.)
>
> I don't know where your problems with text input controls come from but I
> just generated a 10^6 characters long string and inserted it into a
> TextArea
> without any problems.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi
>
> --

Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
e-mail: fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Facebook: f at ...3654...
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Skype:  fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.