[Gambas-user] What is the maximum text we can put on a TextArea?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue May 23 18:58:43 CEST 2017

On Tue, 23 May 2017, Fernando Cabral wrote:
> How much text can we display on TextArea?
> Even after performing serval tests I couldn' t find out.
> It seems sometimes I can display 7000 characters,
> sometimes  twice as much.
>
> Perhaps someone can point me the proper documentation.

Whatever the answer is, it is not to be found in the Gambas documentation.
Gambas borrows its primitive graphical controls from toolkits, Gtk and QT,
in (meanwhile) multiple versions. Their documentation is where you should
start looking. (I would *assume* that the answer is: as much as memory
permits.)

I don't know where your problems with text input controls come from but I
just generated a 10^6 characters long string and inserted it into a TextArea
without any problems.

Regards,
Tobi