[Gambas-user] Keyboard locked -- insisting one more time

Fernando Cabral fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Mon May 15 16:01:13 CEST 2017

Gláucio wrote:
> gda at ...3657...:~$ sudo gambas3
> [sudo] senha para gda:
> X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
> Extension:    130 (MIT-SHM)
>  Minor opcode: 1 (X_ShmAttach)
 > Resource id:  0x141

I don´t get this error. It runs smoothly. But then, I am running Mint 18.1
(and the same on the virtual machine...)

It seems Benoît thinks it has to do with keyboard input. He suggested I
changed Xinput method, but did not give any hints on what to change.

- fernando

> Let's see...​
>

> > Have you installed something different that might have changed
> > the IDE behavior?
>

> ​Not that I know. The problem happened just after Gambas fresh install.
>

> > Now, after running gambas as superuser ("sudo gambas3") I have given up
> the
> > keyboard hypothesis (at least for now). I went back to the hypothesis
> that
> > it has to do with some file or directory permission. Nevertheless, I have
> > not been able to determine which file or directory it could be. As to the
> > project tree, I have opened it up completely (rwxrwxrwx for the
> directories
> > and at least rw-rw-rw- for the files. Even for the hidden ones.  It did
> not
> > help.
> >

> ​Same here. But I know that it has nothing to do with permissions, since
> it's possible to paste with the mouse.
>

> > I have exhausted my bag of tricks so I have resorted to either of two
> ugly
> > workarounds:  running gambas as superuser or doing the edition in a
> virtual
> > machine. In the last option, I just mount the project tree as a directory
> > in the virtual machine. Then I make the changes in the virtual machine
> and
> > test them in the real machine. Cumbersome, but has worked.
> > I would ask you to try running "sudo gambas3". If you can edit your files
> > as superuser, then it will be very likely that we have exactly the same
> > problem.
> >

> Running as "sudo":
>
> gda at ...3657...:~$ sudo gambas3
> [sudo] senha para gda:
> X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
>   Extension:    130 (MIT-SHM)
>   Minor opcode: 1 (X_ShmAttach)
>   Resource id:  0x141
>

> ​+ ​I'm wondering if the editor uses Java. There was some similar issues
> with keyboards and java code editors on Linux in the past.
>
> + I'm also thinking about some Gtk+2/3 missing or conflicting library,
> since my system has Xubuntu and Gnome 3.24.1
>
> + Maybe some Xorg setting could do the trick, as it is the only difference
> I can think between VM/Desktop install.
>

> ​Abraço!​
>

>>> ---
>
> Gláucio de Araujo
>
> Mail : glaucio.de.araujo at ...626...
> TIM  : (11) 95900-7801 (WhatsApp / Telegram)

Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
e-mail: fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Facebook: f at ...3654...
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Skype:  fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.