[Gambas-user] Keyboard locked -- insisting one more time

Glaucio Araujo glaucio.de.araujo at ...626...
Mon May 15 14:53:41 CEST 2017

Let's see...​

> Have you installed something different that might have changed
> the IDE behavior?

​Not that I know. The problem happened just after Gambas fresh install.

> Now, after running gambas as superuser ("sudo gambas3") I have given up the
> keyboard hypothesis (at least for now). I went back to the hypothesis that
> it has to do with some file or directory permission. Nevertheless, I have
> not been able to determine which file or directory it could be. As to the
> project tree, I have opened it up completely (rwxrwxrwx for the directories
> and at least rw-rw-rw- for the files. Even for the hidden ones.  It did not
> help.

​Same here. But I know that it has nothing to do with permissions, since
it's possible to paste with the mouse.

> I have exhausted my bag of tricks so I have resorted to either of two ugly
> workarounds:  running gambas as superuser or doing the edition in a virtual
> machine. In the last option, I just mount the project tree as a directory
> in the virtual machine. Then I make the changes in the virtual machine and
> test them in the real machine. Cumbersome, but has worked.
> I would ask you to try running "sudo gambas3". If you can edit your files
> as superuser, then it will be very likely that we have exactly the same
> problem.

Running as "sudo":

gda at ...3657...:~$ sudo gambas3
[sudo] senha para gda:
X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
  Extension:    130 (MIT-SHM)
  Minor opcode: 1 (X_ShmAttach)
  Resource id:  0x141

​+ ​I'm wondering if the editor uses Java. There was some similar issues
with keyboards and java code editors on Linux in the past.

+ I'm also thinking about some Gtk+2/3 missing or conflicting library,
since my system has Xubuntu and Gnome 3.24.1

+ Maybe some Xorg setting could do the trick, as it is the only difference
I can think between VM/Desktop install.

​Abraço!​

​
​
---

Gláucio de Araujo

Mail : glaucio.de.araujo at ...626...
TIM  : (11) 95900-7801 (WhatsApp / Telegram)
​