[Gambas-user] Best way to upgrade Gambas

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Sun May 14 00:09:03 CEST 2017

OpenSuse is not much different from any other RPM-based distribution.

On OpenSuse Leap 42, I rely on the Packman repo to keep my Gambas package up to date. I do not compile from source.

Uninstalling the packaged version should not remove the necessary libraries unless you specifically instruct Yast or Zypper to
do so. You will, of course, need to have installed the development (-devel) versions of certain libraries in order to compile
your own local version.

---
Lee