[Gambas-user] Best way to upgrade Gambas

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at ...3629...
Fri May 12 09:13:19 CEST 2017

Yesterday I installed Gambas on a machine with Suse Leap. Under Suse, I
like to use Yast to collect the necessary libraries etc. to go sure that
nothing is missing. So far so good.

Now I have a somewhat current Gambas version on this machine, but if I
want to follow its development and install future versions, how should I
proceed?

Up to now, I used to have  a self-compiled Gambas, but if I de-install
the distro's version, won't I loose the linked libraries too?

Maybe there is someone here who knows Suse. As to Tumbleweed, I wouldn't
use it here because this machine is going to be a production server system.

Regards
Rolf