[Gambas-user] Editing still blocked

Fernando Cabral fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Wed May 10 11:21:55 CEST 2017

After some more testing, I found the problem seems to be related to the
keyboard.
After all, I've found that I  can edit the source code, as long I only use
the mouse for editing (cutting, copying, pasting).
I can click and save the program, I can compile it.

As to the keyboard, no regular key works (digits, alpha or editing: arrow,
home, pgup or down, insert, delete, etc.)
Keys that are intercepted by the windows managers do work (for instance,
ALT+TAB, CTRL^+ALT+T, etc.).

So the problem has now narrowed down to a frozen keyboard. The rub now
seems to be finding why the IDE is not reading the keyboard.

Regards

- fernando

> Am 10.05.2017 01:04, schrieb Jussi Lahtinen:
> > Maybe some window manager setting steal focus from the editor..?
> >

> > Jussi
> >

> Further upstairs in the thread, Fernando answered to a question from me:
>
> "Nevertheless, the problem appeared after I had
> downloaded
> docEditor from the farm. After that, editing has been locked. But I can't
> affirm there is
> a cause/effect here.For the time being, I see it as a coincidence."
>
> Sounds strange, especially after re-installation, but source code isn't
> de-installed after all, so the blocking element might still be there.
>
> Rolf

Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
e-mail: fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Facebook: f at ...3654...
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Skype:  fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.