[Gambas-user] Editing still blocked

Fernando Cabral fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Mon May 8 19:32:11 CEST 2017

Karl wrote:

> Are these projects which you have coded yourself, saved and then closed
> and opened again? Or are these project which were made by others?
[...]
> In the past (before software farm), there used to be the problem that
> when I loaded one of the examples offered on the website, they could be
> run but not edited. It's not that problem, is it? It was the rights
> thing, but not chmod but chown which caused it. Or maybe you loaded your
> own stuff from another machine where your username has another Uid?

I did the code myself. Nevertheless, the problem appeared after I had
downloaded
docEditor from the farm. After that, editing has been locked. But I can't
affirm there is
a cause/effect here.For the time being, I see it as a coincidence.

Regards

- fernando

> Am Montag, den 08.05.2017, 09:37 -0300 schrieb Fernando Cabral:
> > > Have you checked the Edit menu, there is a 'Locked' feature there.
> This is
> > > just a guess as 'Everything is locked' is a little vague.
> >
> > Charlie, unfortunately, "everything is locked" means what it is supposed
> > mean: I can't edit anything. No application, no source, nothing. I can
> load
> > any project, but when I try to edit anything -- like say, entering a new
> > line or even a new character,
> > the gambas editor does not respond. This applies to any and every
> project I
> > load.
> >
> > Yes, I have tried locking and unlocking clicking on the lock icon. The
> only
> > thing that changes is that on the tab appears the warning "Read only".
> But
> > the editing continues locked no matter what.
> >
> > I have changed project files and directories do 777 (rwxrwxrwx) but stil
> > no avail.
> >
> > Even if I create a new project, it is born locked for editing.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > - fernando
>
> Salut Fernando,
>
> what#s about creating a new project ?
>
> If I remember well you compile your gambas3 from source, isn't it.
> What I would try at your point, deleting the gambas3 installation and
> restating from scratch.
>
> Oh, have you had a gambas3 installation from other resources?
> If yes you have to remove that first.
> .
>
> --
> Amicalement
> Charlie

Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
e-mail: fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Facebook: f at ...3654...
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Skype:  fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.