[Gambas-user] gambas web, when run ide get confusing respect documentation

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Mar 15 19:49:30 CET 2017

Le 15/03/2017 à 19:41, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :
> all the mail list responces and documentation said that a web gambas app
> must produce a exec cgi and then put in the server
>
> but ide when run does not call a producible exec .. runs and embebed http
> that seems are the program itself... due i only see "localhost:8080"
> without a root cgi scrip name to call...

And what's the problem with that?

> so debug a program gambas web using the ide its a bit frustrting process
> respect a application desktop program..

The embedded HTTP server used when running the CGI script from the IDE
serializes all the requests, so that you can put a breakpoint in your code.

It does not work 100% of the time, so you have to debug your program the
old way, by writing messages into a log file.

> need a great knowlegd of web server and cgi..
>
> we need a good documentation, tutorials or a great framework like
> codeigniter where i can view everithing when the request and responses are
> passed on server

What do you need exactly? Please elaborate...

--
Benoît Minisini