[Gambas-user] configure and use gambas web programs

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Mar 13 16:36:56 CET 2017

Le 13/03/2017 à 16:29, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :
> hi benoit i'm back! again with gambas web, and amnesia!

>> Example with the configuration file of lighttpd:

>> # This tells that all and executable files are cgi scripts,
>> # and just them
>> cgi.execute-x-only = "enable"
>> cgi.assign = ( "" => "" )
>>

> that's its necesary to run any cgi gambas generated code? if yes why in
> past doesn not mentioned in the gambas wiki explicy!?

>> # This tell that the "/manager" URL is associated with the CGI script
>> alias.url = ( "/manager" => "/path/to/MyCgiScript.gambas" )
>>

> its necesary associated a path with the app gambas path with the
> excecutable?
> there's a way to assing a arbitrary path to gambas cgi?
>
> i mean just like php does, i put the exce and server runs!?

This is lighttpd specific configuration syntax. I don't know what the
syntax is in Apache or other web servers.

But the principles should be the same:

- A way to associate an URL path to a disk path.
- Something to tell the web server which files are CGI scripts.

Then your CGI script file should always be an executable, whatever
webserver you use.

Configuring the execution of a CGI script has nothing to do with Gambas,
it's purely a specific web server configuration thing.

Benoît Minisini