[Gambas-user] sourceforge , git and gitlab, time to switch to gitlab

Mon Mar 13 15:16:00 CET 2017

i'm back for this land and in my firts 2017 mail to this i see some notes
about sourgeforce

> El 25/2/17 a las 20:17, Benoît Minisini escribió:
> > Moreover, the Sourceforge svn commit mails are still broken, they
> > apparently haven't fixed them for weeks. Sourceforge is more and more a
> > problem!
> Perhaps it's time to switch to GitHub...  ;-)

i best for gambas prefer gitlab due gitlab are more GPL rather github, the
github interface are copyright and gitlab are 100% GPL and the enterprice
services only add some services over the community..

so when we use the gitlab ui service we follow gpl guidelines, also helps a
great project that share their ui code, either github not!

* and a important difference, github projects are a sub.item of github
repos.. that are confuse!
* in gitlab, the repository its a subitem of a project, so the organization
are more proper!

also gitlab offers mirror git autocommit to other repositories so we can
sync the older sourceforge using svn hook and mirror git, gitlab does not
offer automatic mirror commits, only using git remote configuration inside
repository.

these 3 main reason means that gitlab are better.. and the right choice

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com