[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1113: ODBC driver problem: driver connects but does not exec query

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Sun Jun 18 05:15:01 CEST 2017

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1113&from=L21haW4-

Comment #8 by PICCORO LENZ MCKAY:

hi, zxMarce, thanks for take a shot.. i hope u can doit more due i now very busy.. i was thinking.. why odbc to sqlite if there's native sqlite..
well the problem its that must be a standar... odbc makes gambas able to connect to any DBMS source

maybe the odbc sqlite driver does not returns the right data? using mysql-odbc the SELECT statement returns the amount of rows.. the rest of odbc does not return amount of rows... so we have here a controversy.. due maybe we dont know where resides the problem

for now i'll make some "notes" about current state in the new odbc wiki of gambas (i split the odbc DSN explanation respect gambas specific info),

and also now, depend on odbc driver module using, there's no current way to fill a gridview using the Data event with odbc... due mayority of odbc module drivers does not return any info about amount of rows when a SELECT statement are used like mysql-odbc does..