[Gambas-user] How can I force linux mint to upgrade gambas3 to the last update?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Jun 11 16:33:00 CEST 2017

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017, Fernando Cabral wrote:
> I have gambas3 3.9.2 running Linux Mint 18.1. I have installed gambas using
> a PPA. Is there a way I can use to force apt-get to download and install
> the last stable version? I've tried removing, purging and installing anew,
> but it seems I ended up with the same version.  From this fact I would
> guess the PPA does not represent last revision we can find at the
> sourceforge repository [r8142].
>
> Is my understanding right?
>
> I tried to download and compile, but there were so many modules disabled
> that I concluded gambas would barely work -- if at all.
>
> I guess my practical question is: is there a way for me to get the latest
> revision without having to go thru the pains of finding out how to overcome
> the issues with the disabled modules and compiling from source?

If you want the latest *stable* version, as you say in your first paragraph,
then you got it. 3.9.2 is the latest stable Gambas release.

On the other hand, if you want the latest SVN revision (aka "/trunk", or
more verbosely "unstable development snapshot"), as you say in the remainder
of your mail, you have to use a different PPA, called "gambas-daily".
Before I explain it with my own words, did you read the wiki page [1] ?

Regards,
Tobi

[1] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/ubuntu