[Gambas-user] How can I force linux mint to upgrade gambas3 to the last update?

Fernando Cabral fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Sun Jun 11 13:25:51 CEST 2017

I have gambas3 3.9.2 running Linux Mint 18.1. I have installed gambas using
a PPA. Is there a way I can use to force apt-get to download and install
the last stable version? I've tried removing, purging and installing anew,
but it seems I ended up with the same version.  From this fact I would
guess the PPA does not represent last revision we can find at the
sourceforge repository [r8142].

Is my understanding right?

I tried to download and compile, but there were so many modules disabled
that I concluded gambas would barely work -- if at all.

I guess my practical question is: is there a way for me to get the latest
revision without having to go thru the pains of finding out how to overcome
the issues with the disabled modules and compiling from source?

Regards

- fernando

--
Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.