[Gambas-user] Gambas in a tablet. Is it possible?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jul 12 17:41:36 CEST 2017

Le 12/07/2017 à 17:26, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :

>> Not really. We just need x functions for the desktop lib. All can be done
>> from cocoa to w32ctl passing by android toolkit.
>> Just matter of knowledge and time as Gambas is just a compiler with term
>> output on the basis depending only on glibc.
>>

> umm It is encouraging to hear that, which means that only time is really
> required, since the rest is to read and "translate" calls appropriately.
>
> But we have a manpower's  deficit. For sample, my work depends on adjusting
> the odbc part in gambas, as in other projects like FreeTDS ...
>
> i can colaborate but due lack of odbc funtionality, i rirght now have lot
> fo work at my job.. modify the code to work as spected..
>
> any man that can give a try to this support on tables? as all said, its
> just time dedication and further reading..

The first step is to compile Gambas on a tablet, except the GUI components.

The big job is making a GUI component based on Android libraries, if
possible. Or maybe Qt 5 can run on Android?

--
Benoît Minisini