[Gambas-user] Any (easy) way to render RTF or HTML with gambas?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Mon Jul 3 01:20:28 CEST 2017

On Sun, 02 Jul 2017, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:

> > Lentz, it is not a HTTPD project. It is not a web project. I need no
> > webserver (and I don't want one). I just want to display some nicely
> > formatted text. HTML will do it; RTF will do
> >

> its does not matter, ... with pdf works due its the same idea.. that using
> pdf..
>

> but as Fabien said.. may change in the future.. gbr3 -http as html does
> not... i'll explain more easy.. using your solution:
>
> rtf-text -> pdf -> viewer(embebed or not)
>
> in my words its the same..
>
> trf-text -> thml -> mini-httpd(embebed)
>
> how do you think how ide shows to you the inline help ?  gambas has a http
> web server that runs only when view the little help and stop it..

No, the IDE does *not* use the built-in HTTP server. Delivering HTML
documents via HTTP is something entirely different from rendering them.
The IDE uses gb.gui.qt.webkit's WebView to display help pages. It doesn't
need an HTTP server. Your web browser is not a web server either.

Regards,
Tobi